Call for applications: Pitch Competition for entrepreneurs
The Jeune Chambre de commerce de Montréal is looking for 8 rare gems to participate in a virtual pitch contest on January 27th, presented by PME MTL, as part of the Grande rencontre de la relève d'affaires.
Are you a start-up entrepreneur between the ages of 18 and 40 who would like to increase the visibility of your project, sharpen your pitching skills, or get a financial boost to take you to the next step? It's time to sign up for a chance to participate!
Selected candidate-entrepreneurs will be invited in advance to a training session offered by an expert who will advise them on current best practices in pitching.
- The company must be registered as a business or NPO in the business register.
- The company must be in the pre-startup or start-up phase.
- The business, if it has made sales, must have made them within the last 12 months, or, if it has not made sales, plan to start selling within the next 12 months.
- The entrepreneur must be between 18 and 40 years of age.
Choose to apply in one of our two categories:
- Digital, Technological and Creative Industries, presented by Gowling WLG
- Sustainable development, presented by Concordia
Candidates will have 90 seconds to present their business project in front of a jury and close to 100 spectators, followed by a 2-minute question period. Entrepreneurs will be judged on the quality of their pitch, but also on the viability of the project, its innovative aspect and its potential impact on society. The judges will have to choose one (1) winner for each category, and a Coup de coeur prize will be awarded to the entrepreneur who received the most votes from the public.
Participants have a chance to win several prizes, including a total of $4,000 in scholarships, hours of entrepreneurship coaching offered by our partners, tickets to Startupfest 2021 and more!
Call for Nominations opens: November 23, 2020
End of the call: December 13, 2020, 11:59 pm
Selection of finalists: December 15, 2020
Pitch contest: January 27, 2021 from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm (during the Grand Meeting)
Hurry up! You have until December 13, 11:59 p.m., to submit your application!
Call for Nominations closes: December 13
Please note that no registration will be accepted on the spot.
See our cancellation policy.