Festival South by Southwest (SXSW) - Call for applications
Description of the project
LOJIQ - The Offices jeunesse internationaux du Québec would like to support the participation of Quebec entrepreneurs and professionals at the South by Southwest (SXSW) festival, which will take place from March 10 to 17, 2023 in Austin, Texas.
SXSW is the world's most important event for innovation and new technologies. For more than 30 years, this festival has brought together in Austin, Texas, the actors of the world of technological innovation but also of cinema, art and music. In 2022, it gathered more than 280,000 participants from 112 countries and 4,800 speakers! The selected participants will be able to enjoy the event freely and attend several networking activities, conferences and workshops related to a dozen themes.
ATTENTION: The deadline to submit your application is January 16, 2023. This project is planned as a face-to-face event and may be subject to change or cancellation depending on the evolution of the health situation. For your safety, please consult the guidelines for mobility projects.
- Be between the ages of 18 and 35
- Be a Canadian citizen or have permanent resident status
- Have a valid Quebec health insurance card (RAMQ)
- Live in Quebec
Be a professional or entrepreneur (active or start-up) working in a sector represented at SXSW (immersive technologies, MEDTech, environment, design, advertising, etc.)
LOJIQ is committed to the principle of equality and accessibility and encourages people from visible or ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and members of Aboriginal communities to submit their applications.
Membership to the Fondation LOJIQ
If your application is accepted, you must be a member of the LOJIQ Foundation in order to benefit from our support. Membership allows you to support LOJIQ's actions with young Quebecers involved in mobility and offers you negotiated advantages with partners.
Support from LOJIQ
- Personal expenses and all other related costs (local transportation to and from the airport, passport, airport taxes, baggage fees, etc.) are the responsibility of the participant;
- The participant must have a passport valid for at least 6 months after the planned return date or agree to take the necessary steps to fulfill this condition before departure.
Your application must include
- Your resume or a link to your professional profile (LinkedIn);
- Your Quebec business number (NEQ) for entrepreneurs;
- A cover letter confirming your commitment to participate in the event as well as the relevance, objectives and expected benefits of your participation.
For further information
Gabrielle Plasse, Program Technician, 1 800 465-4255 #311, email@example.com
Marianne Ferron, Project Manager, 1 800 465-4255 #259, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that no registration will be accepted on the spot.
See our cancellation policy.